[PC-BSD Testing] Better nVidia Driver for PCBSD 7 AMD64?

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Wed Nov 5 11:05:42 PST 2008

Yvan Martin wrote:
> I would welcome suggestions about my shutdown/restart dilemma: whenever
> I go to the menu and choose "Leave" and whether I choose to shutdown or
> restart I seem to get the same behaviour: the current session ends, but
> Xserver seems to hang and I am left with a white pointer on a black
> background. on rare occasions after a pause, the shutdown sequence will
> continue, but most of the times I have to use Ctrl-Alt-Backspace to
> terminate the X-windows session and choose shutdown or restart from the
> new login screen.

Just a heads up! I've seen this error on my systems here as well, and it
had something to with the system updater causing a knotify4 session to
hang at shutdown. I've issues an online update which fixes this issue on
our systems here. Can you update and confirm that this problem goes away?

You'll need to apply the patch, and then restart. The patch will take
effect after you reboot, so you may still need to his ctrl-alt-backspace
one more time, to shutdown after applying it.

http://www.pcbsd.com