[PC-BSD Testing] Fwd: PCBSD Mounting Error

Florian Stinglmayr fstinglmayr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 01:37:58 PST 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andreas Faltermeier <faltermeier at mwlaser.de>
Date: Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 10:34 AM
Subject: PCBSD Mounting Error
To: fstinglmayr at gmail.com

Dear Mr. Stinglmayr,

Yesterday I tried to install PCBSD from my DVD Rom Device (I burned
the DVD Image on a DVD earlier).

In order to start the installation I hit key "1" on my keyboard (there
was this menu with 9 options, but the documentation suggests to choose
option "1" for laymen like me. After a few seconds i got the following
error msg:

Trying to mount root from nfs:/dev/mdo

ls:/dev/da*: No such file or directory

Error mounting install image!!!

I got a asus p5q motherboard with an intel e8500 cpu and my graphics
card is a radaeon 4870. On my first partition (25gb of 1000gb) I
installed XP prior to BSD. The next partition was not formatted yet!

Thank you for your help!

Wahrscheinlich hätte ich auch auf Deutsch schreiben können oder?

All the best

Andi Faltermeier