[PC-BSD Testing] Better nVidia Driver for PCBSD 7 AMD64?

Yvan Martin navyn5 at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 3 20:12:25 PST 2008

There OS has no problems detecting the Video adapter or selecting the
proper driver. PCBSD 7 works very well on the device once it's
installed. The only problem is during the install process where the
"Quick Tips" at the bottom of the screen overlay the active buttons at
the bottom of the screen so that they are hidden.

Since PCBSD 7 runs well on the Acer Aspire One, it is a shame that there
is no easy way to turn off "Quick Tips" or to toggle them on or off
during the install process. There is simply not enough space in the 600
vertical pixels of the 1024x600 screen to display everything that would
be otherwise visible on a normal size desktop or laptop display. One can
blindly find his/her way around but it's less than ideal and may
discourage someone trying PCBSD for the first time.