[PC-BSD Testing] Better nVidia Driver for PCBSD 7 AMD64?

Yvan Martin navyn5 at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 3 18:35:06 PST 2008

I would welcome suggestions about my shutdown/restart dilemma: whenever
I go to the menu and choose "Leave" and whether I choose to shutdown or
restart I seem to get the same behaviour: the current session ends, but
Xserver seems to hang and I am left with a white pointer on a black
background. on rare occasions after a pause, the shutdown sequence will
continue, but most of the times I have to use Ctrl-Alt-Backspace to
terminate the X-windows session and choose shutdown or restart from the
new login screen.

This happens both on my 32 bit install (Acer Aspire One Netbook) or my
64bit AMD Desktop.

Also, is there a way to toggle the "Quick Tips" on and off during
install? On my Netbook, the tips overlay some of the other buttons
(because of the limited 600 pixel height of the screen and it's a
frustrating guessing game at times trying to go forward from one screen
to the next when installing. More than one I have found myself moving
backwards rather than forward through screens and trying to figure out
how many times I need to hit the "Tab" key before I get to the right
hidden button.

Thanks.