[PC-BSD Testing] New Alpha ISO 05242008

Bill Leeper protagonist at charter.net
Sun May 25 09:29:03 PDT 2008

I am having a couple of problems here. The first one occurred during
the install process. When I tried booting off the CD to install it
hung up and the last two lines on the screen were:

usb0: <Intel 82801 FB/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6) USB controller USB-A> on uhci0
usb: usb revision 1.0

I tried twice and got the exact same thing, a lockup that required
powering down to reset. Since my mouse is the only USB device
attached I tried shutting down and disconnecting the mouse. It then
booted to the installer and I plugged the mouse back in, but in a
different port, and all went well.

I noticed there were two trash cans, one on the desktop itself and
the other in the extreme right corner of the task bar.

Also, when the desktop appeared I had an open window titled Examining
File Progress open and  the source was listed as trash:/ with the
progree bar showing 0%. This did not show any progress and the window
stayed open.

As with the previous Alphas I have not been able to run any of the
pbi's I install. They install fine but error out. I presume this is
to be expected at this point?

I installed using the ufs + journaling and so far so good. I will be
trying additional installs over the next few days and will see if I
get the same hang up with the mouse on a different port.

Anyway, just wanted to get in a few quick tests this morning before I
got busy. I do like the new desktop in these alphas. Keep up the good
work.