[PC-BSD Testing] Alpha 05132008

Bill Leeper protagonist at charter.net
Wed May 14 08:36:48 PDT 2008

OK, I have one major problem with this Alpha. I have no internet
connection at all. Everything comes back unknown host. What
information do I need to gather for you on this? I am not
particularly knowledgeable in this area but will do some more
checking to see if I can figure something out. As far as I can tell
all the settings are correct, but the fact that the unknown host
comes back immediately seems to indicate to me that it is something
local to the system.

OK, pinging my router returns permission denied. I tried turning off
the Firewall and that does nothing. Anyone else having a problem with
connecting to the internet?