[PC-BSD Testing] 2nd Alpha available

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Mon May 12 10:14:42 PDT 2008

I did some playing with this here and was able to figure out the problem
with NVIDIA drivers on PCBSD7. Turns out that on FBSD 7, you cant just
kldload the nvidia.ko module anymore, it has to be loaded from
/boot/loader.conf at system startup, otherwise the module won't attach
and create /dev/nvidiactl properly.

I've just committed a fix now, which detects if you want to use nvidia
drivers, and warns you it will reboot the system to load the kernel
module. I've tested it here and it seems to work well. I'm going to
rebuild the ISO and hopefully upload it Wednesday night for you guys to
play with again :)

http://www.pcbsd.com