[PC-BSD Testing] 2nd Alpha , 3d games , flash , etc.

brian brian.smith at summerside.ca
Mon May 12 07:48:24 PDT 2008

 Since I had good luck getting glxgears running with my Nvidia card , I
thought I'd try a few games . The simple ones like powermanga and cube work
smoothly , but in a  curiously small window with a black backdrop . Doom3
still exits with a gl error :

 ----- R_InitOpenGL -----
Setup X display connection
dlopen(libGL.so.1)
Initializing OpenGL display
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-VidModeExtension" missing on display ":0.0".
XFree86-VidModeExtension not available
DGA DirectVideo Mouse (Version 2.0) initialized
Couldn't get a visual
dlopen(libGL.so.1)
Initializing OpenGL display
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-VidModeExtension" missing on display ":0.0".
XFree86-VidModeExtension not available
DGA DirectVideo Mouse (Version 2.0) initialized
Couldn't get a visual
idRenderSystem::Shutdown()
Sys_Error: Unable to initialize OpenGL

 I had no luck with native flash at all . That's not a biggie - I'll just
install Wine and the win browsers when the final version comes out .