[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 7 Installation

Bill Leeper protagonist at charter.net
Sun May 4 08:49:30 PDT 2008

OK, so far the only problem I have had with the hardware side of the
installation is with my video card. For some reason it does not like
my nVidia 8500GT with 512 MB of RAM. None of the nVidia drivers
worked and neither did the plain nv driver. I am running it in vesa
mode. I might add that the card works perfectly with previous versions.

I do have a second NIC card in the system which is not detected at
all. It is an old Realtek 8139/D that I was trying to use in SkyOS.
It doesn't work there either.   :-)

Other than that everything else I have tried works.

On May 3, 2008, at 3:49 PM, Ian Robinson wrote:

> 2.  Quote:  "what I'm most interesting in is feedback as to
> hardware support, or installation
> problems."
>
> -- I tested the installation of PCBSD 7 Alpha on a basically
> standard computer, an HP Vectra.  This is an "older" computer with
> the following hardware:

Computers can be fun again
              Format C:\
    Alternatives are out there