[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 7 and wine

Sam Fourman Jr. sfourman at gmail.com
Fri May 2 12:18:42 PDT 2008

Hello PC-BSD Testers and devlopers,

I wanted to let you know about a issue I am having using FreeBSD 7.0,
Gnome 2.22, and wine 0.9.60
I installed Adobe Photoshop CS (8) straight from my install CD, and it
works almost perfect
other than libgphoto2 gets in the way and photoshop will not start. I
fixed it by

cd /usr/ports/graphics/libgphoto2/ && make deinstall && make clean

then Adobe Photoshop starts perfectly (but, portupgrade -ar breaks
adobe again go figure)

since your distribution of FreeBSD is target to end users I thought
you should know about this.
besides I would imagine there are a lot of people wanting to make
photoshop work in wine

Thank you

Sam Fourman Jr.