[PC-BSD Testing] Broken GTK engine (Qt) message

Terry Poulin bigboss1964 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 09:24:02 PST 2008

Most port-maintainers I've encountered are very nice if you send them a
reminder to update a port.

The gtk-qt-engine as included back in PC-BSD v1.4.x I know was a major
problem causer -- no kde, no gtk apps. I don't know about the stuttering
problem but any visual errors would deffo be caused by it..

Hopefully gtk-qt-engine 1.x is a lot better then 7.x :-)

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 10:01 AM, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.com> wrote:

> I haven't yet played with Audacious, so I'm not sure what the stuttering
> bug is all about. Is it maxing out your CPU if you look with "top"? Does
> it have any sound configuration settings that can be tweaked to run the
> same way as Kplayer  / Kaffeine?
>

> As for GTK - QT Theme engine, the version in ports is getting pretty old:
>
> http://www.freshports.org/x11-themes/gtk-qt-engine/
>
> We are running 0.7 still, when 1.1! is already out :(
>
> We'll have to see about bugging the port maintainer to find out if this
> can be updated. There's quite a few fixes / enhancements listed for the
> versions after 0.7, and its possible that one of those will fix the
> theme engine problem Audacious is having.
>

> --
>
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software
> http://www.pcbsd.com
>

> Rod Clark wrote:
> >> "Broken GTK engine in use
> >
> > Kris,
> >
> > There's more to this than I thought. When I ran it, Audacious
> > played sound choppily, playing for about 4/5 second and then
> > blanking for 1/5 second. That's with nothing else running - I
> > turned off Folding at Home, which normally has no effect on it
> > anyway. Kplayer and Kaffeine play videos that sound normal. OK,
> > I'm baffled.
> >
> > -rsc
> >
> > !DSPAM:1,47da7e19588511021411401!

[SAS]_Spidey01