[PC-BSD Testing] Latest Intel xf86 drivers and Wine out

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Mon Jul 28 06:12:38 PDT 2008

John Stokes wrote:
> Kris
>
> I've noticed  Wine 1.1.2 is out and it would be nice to see it on PCBSD
> (Freshports has 1.1.1 so may not have to wait long).
>
> More importantly my Intel G35 chipset is finally supported by the latest
> Intel driver 2.4.0 - O/K so it was only released three days ago but
> can't find any reference to it in a FREEBSD search - any time frame from
> the FreeBSD group?.
> This would solve the 1600*1200 limit I currently have (a problem with
> the Intel G965 driver apparently).I have heard it can take some time but
> am not sure how long this is ...
>
> John

> !DSPAM:1,488b1bc819691719020351!

The build server is doing a complete rebuild of all PBIs for PC-BSD 7
right now, and its done alphabetically, so it'll be hitting wine
sometime near the end. When its done, it'll be available here:

http://pbibuild.pcbsd.org/index.php?sort=date&ver=7

As for the Intel driver, you should probably send something over to the
maintainer in ports, if they can get it updated there, it'll show up in
one of the next alphas for you :)

http://www.freshports.org/x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel/

http://www.pcbsd.com