[PC-BSD Testing] Alpha 07252008

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Mon Jul 28 06:00:39 PDT 2008

Bill Leeper wrote:
> Kris, the igain in the mixer seems to have defaulted to Mute again. I
> had no startup sound so I opened the mixer and sure enough mute was
> checked. i unchecked it, logged out and back in and I now have the
> startup sound.
>
> A couple of quick notes as well. I installed using ZFS and so far so
> good. Also, Dolphin opens my ext3 formatted drive just fine now.
>
> I have a request, Kris. Could the team introduce a bug in the
> installer? It is getting quite boring having to sit there during the
> install waiting to write up a bug that never happens.   :-)   Anyway,
> more later today.

Glad to hear that ZFS was working, took me the better part of a week to
finish implementing it!

As for the mixer, is it only on the first boot that it is muted? On mine
here, it seems to work fine after I reboot once, not sure if it its a
bug in kmix or not.

As for the installer, I'm getting ready to add the FTP / Internet
install option here soon, so I'm sure you'll get to find some new bugs
to report there :)

http://www.pcbsd.com