[PC-BSD Testing] Alpha 07252008

Bill Leeper protagonist at charter.net
Fri Jul 25 09:46:04 PDT 2008

Kris, the igain in the mixer seems to have defaulted to Mute again. I
had no startup sound so I opened the mixer and sure enough mute was
checked. i unchecked it, logged out and back in and I now have the
startup sound.

A couple of quick notes as well. I installed using ZFS and so far so
good. Also, Dolphin opens my ext3 formatted drive just fine now.

I have a request, Kris. Could the team introduce a bug in the
installer? It is getting quite boring having to sit there during the
install waiting to write up a bug that never happens.   :-)   Anyway,
more later today.

On Jul 25, 2008, at 5:43 AM, Kris Moore wrote:

> Another week, another Alpha to try out!
> Here's some of the highlights for this weeks version:
> NEW:
> ZFS File System Support!!
>   - Hit option "8" during bootup to enable ZFS, and then select it as
> your file system during the GUI install.
>   Warning, you will need at least 1GB of ram for ZFS, and it is still
> considered experimental. Worked fine on my system though :)

Computers can be fun again
                 format C:\
   Alternatives are out there