[PC-BSD Testing] Sound Cards

DragonFlier dracheflieger at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 18:46:01 PDT 2008

Hi Kris and all...

I have an EVGA mb with an onboard 'Realtek ALC850 Realtek AC'97 Audio' but
it's not found in the current soundcards.xml file.

It uses the snd_ich.ko and works fine if I manually load it. I've attached
the snd.diag report so you can add it.

v7 looks great and looking forward to its final release. I've duplicated
many of the owies read here on my own and my only gripe is the size of the
clock and not having the ability to set it to a 12 hour format (but I see
that's a condition of KDE and not PCBSD ;-)

If you try to download this in FireFox (and possibly Konq) you must choose
to download it as plain text at the bottom of the page, just don't right
click on it and choose the' Save as link' or it will download the file as a
web page and show as a corrupted file when boot time comes..

For those that don't know how to move via CL:

open Konsole and do the following:
su <ENTER>
type in root password <ENTER>
cd <directory you saved it to, in my case the Desktop so it's> Desktop
<ENTER>
chown root:wheel soundcards.xml <ENTER>
mv soundcards.xml  /PCBSD/soundDetect/ <ENTER>

and now proceed to reboot.