[PC-BSD Testing] Sound Cards

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Wed Jul 23 14:07:45 PDT 2008

brian wrote:
>  I'm just curious - have there been any changes with the Sound blaster
> support ? If so , I'll reboot and give it a try . Just for your
> information ( and not to be a nag ... but ) - gnome compiles flawlessly
> on PC-BSD7 :)
>
> !DSPAM:1,4887385820031178480557!

I have made some changes to how our sound detection works. Now, it wont
just blindly do a kldload snd_driver anymore, since that was causing a
lot of lockups. However, the drawback is that some systems will get an
error at bootup that it couldn't identify the card. If you see this
message, please generate the diagnostic sheet and send it in for me to
fixup your cards support :)

http://www.pcbsd.com