[PC-BSD Testing] Sound working

John Stokes airy at netspace.net.au
Wed Jul 23 04:36:30 PDT 2008

Kris

The latest sound.xml module from the Developers Timeline  "2410" works a
treat on my Asus P5VE-VM HDMI with its internal
Intel sound. Thanks.

Dolphin seems to be the biggest issue I'm finding with the desktop at
the moment but looking at the Buglist most of the issues will be
resolved by release time.I find that opening a window on "devices
recently plugged in" only incorrectly loads the first time - subsequent
accesses appear to show the device that is selected.

I'm glad that a decent (working) termination feature is included (click
close on a errant program and it does).The termination close box
needs a bit of adjusting though , it squashes the text in the box
(Details & Close icons sit on top of the other text).

Also found that when you choose Firefox as a favorite no firefox icon
appears - just a cog??

Glad you also adjusted the taskbar size - I was going to ask whether it
could be reduced ( not so bad on a large screen but is overpowering
on a 15").I do hope they make it adjustable again...

Looking forward to the KDE 4.1 release when it comes to BSD.

John