[PC-BSD Testing] Problems I am having

jmdennis at dslextreme.com jmdennis at dslextreme.com
Tue Jul 22 18:48:39 PDT 2008

Here are the problems I am having.

1.  When I select the old KDE style menu and then do a shutdown and then
start up the PC later it no longer has the KDE menu and it is a blank
spot.  I have no way to launch applications other then the few that you
have placed on the desktop.  You can also remove things to easily and thus
end up with no place to show the applications that are open.  I guess just
another reason why I like KDE 3.5 better.

2.  When trying to install from ports kmymoney2 it failed due to
kde-config not being available.  I would think that this would be
available.  I was not able to install ports from the way you used to as it
just hung at 0%.  I had to open up a console and do it this way but for
applications that need kde-config it is use less to install this way.  I
hate the pbi install as you install an application just as firefox and
when you click on firefox it does not launch but opens up like a sub menu
that you can then select firefox, firefox safe, and also uninstall.  One
reason why I like installing from ports as it makes life much easier as
you click on the application and it is launched.

3.  I had a number 3 as in settings it had a kde application that would
not launch but since I do not have my KDE menu any longer no way to put
down this application.

Basically to many bugs left to work out before this become useful.