[PC-BSD Testing] Latest results

jstokes airy at netspace.net.au
Tue Jul 22 01:09:00 PDT 2008

Kris

> Which intel card does this have in it? If you go to "advanced" and
> specify your own horz/vert refresh rates can you make it come up in the
> right resolution then?

I have the G35 chipset (G965 compatible) and I have tried both PC-BSD
1.51 and the latest
Alpha with horz/vert rates but they keep defaulting back to the original
( 80Khz max instead
of 81Khz )

> I think this was already added to 7-stable? Try "kldload if_age" and see
> if that works. I'll add it to the default kernel config soon if that
> works :)

I have included another two snapshots the first one shows the Atheros L1
"age" driver loading
(but not visible to KDE in the Network configuration) - appears to load O/K.

The second one is from my PC-BSD 1.51 setup - where the sound works
fine, the latest setup still
not quite there yet (no sound at all :-( )

John