[PC-BSD Testing] Alpha 4 World of Warcraft

Sam Fourman Jr. sfourman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 08:53:20 PDT 2008

> Couple of things to check, first of all, which version of Wine were you
> using previously? The latest alpha is using Wine 1.1.0 and this could be
> a regression in there. Also, which Nvidia driver is on the older
> install? Maybe this issue occurred with the upgrade to Nvidia 173?

In my FreeBSD 7 install I am using wine 1.1.1 and the latest Nvidia
173 driver in ports.
it pretty sure this isn't a regression because I update wine as soon
as it hits ports all the time, this never happened in FreeBSD 7 base.

since I have several Computers that are identical hardware wise, I am
able to test the 2 side by side.
I checked the settings in winecfg, and they are all the same. we are
using the same world of Warcraft config files.

I reinstalled the FreeBSD 7 Alpha (5-24-2008), and World of Warcraft
works as expected, the same performance as FreeBSD base.
this PC-BSD was using a slightly older Nvidia Driver, and I had to
compile wine (1.1.1) from ports.

I would be happy to provide you with any information you need. I have
the ability to reinstall any one of my computers from scratch, if this
would help in debugging

Sam Fourman Jr.