[PC-BSD Testing] Alpha 4 World of Warcraft

Sam Fourman Jr. sfourman at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 17:03:16 PDT 2008

hello list,

I loaded up the new PC-BSD Alpha 7-18-2008 today

I play World of Warcraft a lot in FreeBSD, and I noticed a large
performance hit, choppy graphics when panning.
in Base FreeBSD 7.0 this does not happen, I don't do any of the
tweaks, just stock wine.

I did a Fresh install with all defaults, chose the Nvidia 173.x.x
driver (1440 x 900)
copied over the WOW directory from my FreeBSD 7 install.
I am using Nvidia 8800 GTS video card.
I can confirm that this issue did not, happen with a PCBSD alpha prior
to KDE4 ( kris had a alpha at BSDcan that I copied)

I am perfectly willing to provide any feedback.

Sam Fourman Jr.