[PC-BSD Testing] Alpha 07182008

brian peispud at eastlink.ca
Sun Jul 20 16:32:32 PDT 2008

 My results for alpha3 ;

- no sound with or without OSS enabled - diagnostic attached . I'm
running a very common Sound Blaster Audigy4 .

- still no drivers for my HP f2110 . Pardus , Kurumin , and Ubuntu
install and configure this printer without any input on my part whatsoever .

-The same god awful dialog when clicking on a mail link , even after
installing the Thunderbird PBI and making it default . At least give the
user the option to type in a program name .

- Colors degrade in all widgets after a period of time.I tried to take a
screenshot , but hitting "print screen " does nothing - screen capture
program needs to be started manually , and the name of the file , plus
the extension have to be typed in manually , file attached .

-The upgrade option fails to detect my previous alpha, no biggie.

- PBIs cannot be run directly from Firefox , I had to open them in the
desktop widget thingy .