[PC-BSD Testing] New Alpha

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Sat Jul 19 09:25:06 PDT 2008

Bill Leeper wrote:
> Kris, I must have missed something in the info I sent you because sound does
> not work in the latest alpha. When booting I got an unidentified sound card
> message. It did continue gracefully, however. When I got to the desktop I got
> a PC-BSD was unable to detect a sound card message box. Attached is the file
> it generated. Maybe this will let you fix the problem,
>
> The installation was flawless and fast. Kudos to the team for a great job. I
> will be testing more later today. Right now it is time for a cup of coffee and
> the Tour de France.   :-)
>
> Bill
>

> !DSPAM:1,48820d4020034314616785!

> !DSPAM:1,48820d4020034314616785!

Thanks for sending that file! I think it was a mistake on my end, I've
commited a fix now. Actually if you reboot and let the sound detection
run again, it'll download the updated xml file from the web
automatically and should start working. Can you reboot to confirm that,
or reinstall?

If you already manually put in snd_cmi_load="YES" in loader.conf, remove
that first :)

http://www.pcbsd.com