[PC-BSD Testing] Weekly PCBSD Alpha for 07112008
peispud at eastlink.ca
Sun Jul 13 05:45:49 PDT 2008
- excellent installer and video setup
- the new konqueror is downright spiffy , to bad it lacks extensibility .
- first time ever on a FreeBSD system with working sound right after an
-Youtube works and sounds perfect
- fluxbox crashes immediately
- switching to classic menu rendered programs unclickable and froze the
system . Menu disappeared after reboot , and would only add to the right
end of the panel - system still froze up . I have noticed the same
behavior in Mandriva 2009 alpha 2 . I do like the look of the new
classic menu , it is just unusable .
- konsole is still unusable by itself or in Dolphin
- Dolphin could use a more complete toolbar
- no home icon , no obvious way to make one - or a link to a program . I
got a "
Could not save properties. You do not have sufficient access to write to
/Link to Application.desktop." when I tried making one in that annoying
little folder view widget .
- no obvious way to add programs to the panel . I'm not sure what the
KDE folks were thinking , but maybe users would like to simply and
easily find their most used applications ?
- panel settings really doesn't do much at all - no color size or
transparency changes.As I type the items in the task manager are
randomly appearing and disappearing .
- clicking on manage printing or hp device manager didn't do anything .
The old localhost method worked to a point , but didn't have an entry
for my HP F2110 - or anything even close
- the 8th and by far the best KDE4 desktop I have tried to date . That
being said it is little more than a curiosity for me to play with and
very , very much inferior to Gnome or even LXDE .
More information about the Testing