[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD7 Alpha 2 with KDE 4.1 Beta 2

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Jul 8 12:41:11 PDT 2008

Bill Leeper wrote:
> That got my notifications working as well. To make matters worse the
> ogain setting was not even showing. I had to go in and check mark the
> box. If it had been showing I would have tried unmuting it and turning
> up the output. And I still get no sound from my CD's.

Great! Now that we've identified that it was a mixer issue, can one of
you guys send me the .kde/share/config/kmixctrlrc file from your system?
I'll need to figure out which devices were turned down / muted and fix
that in SVN. I'll also need to look into the CD's, it probably the same
issue as before, where you need to enable a setting for "digital" / IDE
output of the CD, where it doesn't try to use the audio cable directly
from your soundcard to the CD drive.

http://www.pcbsd.com