[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD7 Alpha 2 with KDE 4.1 Beta 2

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Jul 8 07:01:08 PDT 2008

Bill Leeper wrote:
> Now that you mention it I am having the same problem. I have no sound
> at all and it works fine with Edison
>

> On Jul 6, 2008, at 5:29 AM, Andreas Betschart wrote:
>
>> There is no sound. This is strange, since I have never had sound
>> issues on the
>> PC I used for testing. Not even with the first alpha.
>
> 
> Computers can be fun again
>                  format C:\
>    Alternatives are out there
> 

> !DSPAM:1,4872a08520031679010907!

Strange, on both of my test systems here, the sound seems to work fine.
Can you guys do a bit of checking for me on this?

First, make sure your sound backend is set to gstreamer, the xine plugin
doesn't work from what I understand, its still experimental. Next try
bringing up the "notifications" section in "system settings", and play
some of the sounds. Do you hear anything at all? If not, then try these
two things.

Open up xterm, and run "tail -f .xsession-errors", and then try playing
a sound in the notifications panel again. Do you see any error messages?
Then lastly, in xterm, try running "xine", and open up a sound file,
such as a MP3 or something, do you hear sound from it?

http://www.pcbsd.com