[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD7 Alpha 2 with KDE 4.1 Beta 2

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Mon Jul 7 08:20:27 PDT 2008

Andreas Betschart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here are my results from testing this alpha version:

> The not so good
> =============
> Num Lock is not set automatically.

Looks like this is a bug in KDE4, I'm playing with it now, think I may
have found the issue already. I'll submit the fix to the KDE devs once I
test it :)

> There is no sound. This is strange, since I have never had sound issues on the
> PC I used for testing. Not even with the first alpha.

Did your sound-module load properly? If it did, can you play any sounds
at all if you bring up Dragon, or run "xine" and try playing a MP3 or
some other file?

> The obvious
> Some translations in the installer are still missing.

We'll get the translations done when the installer UI is frozen. No
point in translating now when things aren't finalized yet :)

http://www.pcbsd.com