[PC-BSD Testing] I am sorry for my tone

jmdennis at dslextreme.com jmdennis at dslextreme.com
Sat Jul 5 18:47:48 PDT 2008

I am sorry for the tone I had.  I know that the pcbsd is in alpha testing.
 Because of this testing I did not know why they included another version
that is also in testing.  It would be hard for most users to tell who is
responsible for what bugs and where to report them.  I do not mind using
beta or even alpha software but to give some thing a good test it should
be using a stable OS to begin with and then people can report the bugs
here when they find them.  To include KDE 4.1 beta is just asking for
trouble.  Some things that were working with version 3.5.9 are broken in
this version.  When new releases are made usually old bugs are fixed or
being worked on and other items need to then be tested.  New bugs have
been added because of the add of KDE 4 that were working fine with KDE
3.5.9.  I just do not see the logic of this.  It would be better to
release a FreeBSD 7 version and then when KDE becomes stable to release a
version including this.  I will keep an eye on it but for me I want to use
the old KDE version so like I said I will either stick to desktopbsd or
use Mandriva.