[PC-BSD Testing] You are right

Tim McCormick tim at pcbsd.org
Sat Jul 5 15:01:39 PDT 2008

On Saturday 05 July 2008 21:41:35 jmdennis at dslextreme.com wrote:
> You are right I do not have to use PCBSD.  They always say they test and
> they test again but to release a version with a beta program is just plain
> stupid.

It really ought to be noted about now that we haven't released a version of
PC-BSD based on beta software. What we've done is release a test version amid
very heavy development so that we might get more testing done on the new
FreeBSD base, the new KDE base, and the additions to the PC-BSD toolchain.

Simply put, Alpha 07032008 (which is under discussion here) is NOT a PC-BSD
release, and users should expect instability and the responsibility of
reporting bugs they find so that we might work towards a stable release later
in the year.

What you see is simply the first iteration of a KDE 4 and Qt 4 based desktop
after 3 weeks of heavy development. Thankyou for your kind words and
encouragement.

--
Tim McCormick
PC-BSD Lead Developer