[PC-BSD Testing] You are right

brian peispud at eastlink.ca
Sat Jul 5 14:11:00 PDT 2008

What /Federico is trying to say is that your tone and language cross the
line . As a Linux?BSD user you should know enough about the volunteer
nature of the community to show a basic level of respect . Everything
they do is a step forward for themselves and every other project out
there . Personally I despise the KDE 4 series and simply don't see how
it will become a viable desktop . It does not cater to the windows crowd
as is is a pig to use and it does not cater to the geek crowd as it is a
heavyweight desktop . The developers maybe stuck  in  a KDE mindset ,
but if you've been paying attention , you'll notice an excellent Gnome
PBI in development and KDE 3x is still in ports . The developers have
done a ton of work and should get credit where credit is due . The
installer , video setup and artwork are all excellent - the best in the
Linux / BSD world in my opinion .
  Things I would really like to see like good gaming , decent bluetooth
support , and one freakin bootloader that works the same for all distros
are failings of the Linux/BSD OSes  in general . Power is in numbers . I
would imagine that if every major project gave Nokia a call and said we
would like a Linux version of your PC Suite , they might get some
attention . This go it alone attitude and infighting is a disease in the
Linux/BSD community that serves no one .
/