[PC-BSD Testing] New PCBSD7 Alpha with KDE 4.1 available!

Bill Leeper protagonist at charter.net
Fri Jul 4 08:25:35 PDT 2008

On Jul 4, 2008, at 6:17 AM, Kris Moore wrote:

> Bill Leeper wrote:
>> A couple of quick comments before I hit the sack. I am a bit confused
>> here. During the install it prompted me to insert Disk #3. Since I
>> did
>> not have three disks I removed disk 2 and just clicked continue. the
>> message went away and it then prompted me to reboot, which I did. It
>> booted up fine but I have an empty Ports folder and I told it to
>> install the ports. The other software I selected to install seems to
>> not be there as well. Should I have left disk 2 in the tray and
>> clicked OK? I will probably just try a reinstall in the morning.
>

> Opps, sorry about that. I Should have mentioned, that for this Alpha,
> please skip the optional components section. Those will be on CD3
> eventually, and our build server is still busy cranking them out. I'll
> try to have them ready for the next alpha in a week or so.

I figured that out after I sent the message. All I can say is that it
was after midnight and I am getting too old for these late night
tests.   :-)

So I will just work with this installation then. I was a bit startled
by how much it changed with the new KDE. On my widescreen monitor the
panel did not go all the way across the screen and the trash can was
positioned like I would have expected it to be at a lower resolution.
I had to move it to the corner, but I suspect these are problems with
the KDE side rather than PC-BSD.

I have to say I like your installer better than any other I have used.
It is the fastest installation and it is very easy to follow.

Computers can be fun again
                 format C:\
   Alternatives are out there