[PC-BSD Testing] New PCBSD7 Alpha with KDE 4.1 available!

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Fri Jul 4 06:17:25 PDT 2008

Bill Leeper wrote:
> A couple of quick comments before I hit the sack. I am a bit confused
> here. During the install it prompted me to insert Disk #3. Since I did
> not have three disks I removed disk 2 and just clicked continue. the
> message went away and it then prompted me to reboot, which I did. It
> booted up fine but I have an empty Ports folder and I told it to
> install the ports. The other software I selected to install seems to
> not be there as well. Should I have left disk 2 in the tray and
> clicked OK? I will probably just try a reinstall in the morning.

Opps, sorry about that. I Should have mentioned, that for this Alpha,
please skip the optional components section. Those will be on CD3
eventually, and our build server is still busy cranking them out. I'll
try to have them ready for the next alpha in a week or so.

> Also, the font used during the install was a bit too large. When
> filling in the PC-BSD install screen the text "User Accounts" ran down
> into the top of the account list window. And the last line of text in
> the quick tips windows had only the very tops of the characters
> showing. The rest was out of the window. There were several other
> places where text was a bit too large as well.

Yea, that is a new bug, I've seen it here on my widescreen desktop. I'll
get that fixed up for the next alpha as well :)

http://www.pcbsd.com