[PC-BSD Testing] Ktorrent 3.1.5 on PC-BSD 1.5.1

Walt Pawley walt at wump.org
Sun Dec 21 14:41:54 PST 2008

The updater recently caught my attention with the availability
of Ktorrent 3.1.5 on my PC-BSD 1.5.1, 32-bit system, which I
thought I'd like to try. It downloaded and installed without
incident. I fired it up and it asked if it should import
activities left over from Ktorrent 2.2.8. A good sign ... or,
so I thought.

At that point it crashed. I messed about trying various things,
but Ktorrent 3.1.5 always crashed during startup. I did some
research, hunting for some sage advice on the issue, especially
because I seem to recall seeing some posts on the 3.1.5 but
didn't find anything about others having this problem. In the
end, I re-installed 2.2.8, which seems happy enough.

Is my experience unique? If so, any clues as to why I'm having it?
--

Walter M. Pawley <walt at wump.org>
Wump Research & Company