[PC-BSD Testing] ya lost in Documentation Forest

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Fri Dec 19 05:42:16 PST 2008

Brodey Dover wrote:
> Walt Pawley wrote:
>> I need to learn a little PHP. So, I installed Apache 2.2 on my
>> PC-BSD and php5 1.5.1 box via pkg_add. Apache served HTML and
>> CLI php worked, but embedded php commands didn't do anything
>> and *.php files simply browsed as plain text. After mucking
>> about in some docs, I pkg_delete'd php5 and built php5 from
>> ports. This method seemed to generate files the docs talked
>> about that had been missing. This was nice, but didn't get
>> anything working. I've reading and experimenting with
>> configuration directives, etc. I notice that apachectl simply
>> hands the parameter to httpd, so I tried stop followed by start
>> as well as restart (didn't make any discernable difference).
>>
>> This should be really simple but I'm apparently not up to it.
>> Anyone willing to provide step-by-step's?
>>
>> FWIW: I have one other issue that doesn't seem to be responding
>> to what I think the docs are telling me - language negotiation.
>> Instead of providing the Acceptable file, it provides the
>> type-map to the browser. I can live without fixing that but I
>> suspect it might be a related issue.
>>
> Make sure httpd.conf has this:
>
> LoadModule php5_module libexec/apache22/libphp5.so
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php3 .php .html
> AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
> Include etc/apache22/Includes/*.conf
>
> Annnd directory index has index.html and index.php.
>
> I have been attempting Joomla and so far I've got the right versions of
> MySQL, PHP, etc. going.

If you want to make this a lot easier, go grab a copy of "The Warden"
from PBIDir, and then setup a jail and install the AMP Inmate into it.
That has Apache, MySQL, and PHP all setup and ready for Joomla :)

Plus you can look through the included httpd.conf file to see how ours
is setup.

http://www.pcbsd.com