Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Dec 16 07:11:27 PST 2008

Ian Robinson wrote:
> Fabrizio Parrella wrote:
>> if FF3 works from ports, to my opinion should work also from PBI
>>
>> when I get time I will see if I can find the problem in the PBI..
>> probably a simple link missing..
>>
>> Fabry
>
> and Kris Moore replied:
>
> Yes, when we find cases like this where the port works, but the PBI
> doesn't, we need to know about it to fix it. Fabry, if you install the
> port, can you confirm it fixes your printing issue? Maybe a link is
> missing, or we need to build the PBI with another make option to enable
> cups to work?
> --
> Kris Moore

> I'm writing to confirm that the PBI for FF3.0.4 broke CUPS printing.
> Deleting the FF3 PBI and installing FF3.0.4 from ports fixed the printing
> issue.
>
> Ian Robinson
> Salem, Ohio

One more question, is this on PC-BSD 7.0.x or 1.5.x? Fabry was on 1.5.x,
and his is crashing there, I'm on 7.0.2, and no problems. I'm wondering
if the PBI is including a newer version of the cups library which is
causing a crash when it tries to print, but the port uses the older cups
lib from the system?

http://www.pcbsd.com