[PC-BSD Testing] Wine 1.1.10

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Dec 16 06:57:26 PST 2008

brian wrote:
>  I tried the ports version of Wine 1.1.10 .  Sound is still broken on my
> system for Win32 apps and all Steam games . Reverting back to Wine 1.1.5 fixes
> the problem . I'm curious what changed after the 1.1.5 release to break the
> sound . Five consecutive releases with the same bug seems like quite a bit .
>
> !DSPAM:1,4947b8e8413561254940843!

Wine was having a bug with memory managment, which has been fixed now in
1.1.10. I can use steam and such just fine. However, I also see the
sound bug. On my system here, it appears that whenever wine starts
playing sound, it mutes it first. If you open a game, and then bring up
the mixer, you'll see that the pcm channel is muted. If you un-mute it,
it works as normal. We may need to report this bug upstream to the wine
maintainers :)

http://www.pcbsd.com