Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Mon Dec 15 09:02:07 PST 2008

Peter Brewster wrote:
> You made me wonder.  I just checked.  Wine is ver 1.1.7 which I got via the PC-BSD path - never mind that winehq.org says 1.1.10 is current.  Didn't have any problem and I think I recall a pbi update on it not that long ago.  At any rate FF3 has always been better (smoother) on my i386 system.  (But I don't recall the same for long-ago PC-BSD 1.5 - and I'll skip the reconstruction, thank you.)
>
> Peter

The wine 1.1.10 PBI has just finished building, and we'll be putting it
on PBIDir here shortly. We've been waiting for this version, since wine
1.1.8 and 1.1.9 broke the memory management on FreeBSD, and it wouldn't
run pretty much anything. I've just testing 1.1.10 here, and it works
again, I can use Steam without any problems :)

http://www.pcbsd.com