[PC-BSD Testing] journal fs issues

A.Yerenkow yerenkow at uct.ua
Mon Dec 15 00:19:16 PST 2008

On 15.12.2008 9:50, A.Yerenkow wrote:
> hi guys!
> Trying under wine install pc-bsd to usb flash, allocated 5,5Gb of sapce
> for root, FS select journalled.
> Around 61(or 63, it was late night) percent installation stuck, and in
> dmesg there was storm of:
> g_vfs  bla bla error 5
>
> So, I decided to install to vmware virtual HDD, 4Gb one. and around 50%
> have the same situation.
> The percents of installation looks very suspicious for me - it's like
> all goes wrong when FS have 2g of free space and less.
>
> Now I'll trying to install to 7 or 8 g virtual hdd, but after that I
> want to copy all to usb flash partition, journal seems to be fastest
> choice, but this problem...
>
> Anyone had something similar?

Have 100% reproduceable bug :)
1. create 8g vmware HDD
2. choose this hdd in install, select custom partition
3. change swap from 512 to 256
4. change size of root partition, to acquire this free 256 mb
5. run install

new hdd didn't newfsed nor mounted; and install failed.

BTW, I'd prefer if swap will be optional, on netbooks every half-gig
could be valuable :)