Ian Robinson fitchkendall at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 15:22:38 PST 2008

Fabry said:

>I have 3 computers already updated and they love FF3.. faster and better
>memory management  at least under PC-BSD... under windows is a pain..
>but printing works...
>
>gues FF3 is not ready for production yet
>
>thanks for the info
>
>Fabry

Fabry --

Kris is right about FF3 not playing nice with CUPS.  I had the same  problem
with the printer crashing.  But -- there is an easy solution available so
you can keep using FF3.  The solution is to delete the FF3 pbi (saving your
configuration information) and install FF3 from ports like this:

# cd /usr/ports/www/firefox3 && make install clean

or

#cd /usr/ports/www/firex3
#make install clean

It will install FF3 to /usr/local/bin/firefox3 and it if you "search" for
Firefox from the menu it will show up in the menu tree.  If you previously
had an FF3 icon in Favorites or on the Desktop, it will have a question mark
"?" in it.  Delete them.  Printing will occur without a hitch.

Ian Robinson
Salem, Ohio