[PC-BSD Testing] Kernel Panic on Wireless + shutdown

Rod Clark sc at sdf.lonestar.org
Mon Dec 1 21:52:36 PST 2008

Fabrizio,

Do you see "interrupt storm on irq 017" (or whatever irq)
messages as part of this, when wifi starts to stall? That
happens intermittently with my ath0 wifi connection on PC-BSD
and makes wifi unusable for some period of time. This can happen
every few days or sometimes more often. However, on my system it
seems unrelated to startup or shutdown. But I have not seen this
with the same hardware under Linux. The only solution so far
seems to be not to run FreeBSD (6.x) with that wifi card.