[PC-BSD Testing] games

A.Yerenkow yerenkow at uct.ua
Mon Dec 1 16:29:44 PST 2008

On 01.12.2008 17:12, brian wrote:
> " Which steam games are you playing right now?"
>
>   I currently have installed Doom3 and ROE , RTCW , all Half Life games ,
> Quake 3 arena , Peggle Extreme , and Sin1 . Doom is blazing fast and HL
> is slow to start , but works great . I'm getting an error starting
> S.T.A.L.K.E.R. stating I have to be administrator to run the game for the
> first time . I'd dearly love to fix this problem , as it's my favorite game by
> a wide margin .

btw, do you have CS:S / CS:1.6 working online?
Maybe we should take your experience and make a wine present in OS twice
- first one - bleeding cutting edge, for generic stuff, and second -
only releases which gives most compatibility to games, at least to steam
ones.
We could manually test second releases, fo rnot-breaking all things.
So we could achieve PC-BSD friendly to gamer sometime :) And that "lone
guner" will not afraid some day found his system updated and screwed
with latest wine or whatever.
What do you thikn, guys?