[PC-BSD Testing] beta1 :-)

DragonFlier dracheflieger at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 07:00:48 PDT 2008

I haven't tried to install any printers but if you go into System Settings
and then into Services Manager you can turn in the hplip. It defaults to NO
(not started) as reported in the System Manager:

# Enables support for HPLIP
hpiod_enable="NO"
hpssd_enable="NO"

PBIs must be for PCBSD7.

My other BSD slices are listed in Dolphin and after I click on them once it
defaults back to my home directory again...but a second click a few seconds
later allows me to open them.

If you are in the Edit mode of the panel (taskbar), you can grab and move
the menu 'ball' along the length of the menu. Once you get it where you want
it, lock the widgets on the panel. I let my wife use my computer last night
to play some games and somehow she lost the desktop. I put it back and
locked it.

3d: As does cube from ports and also googleearth

Right click on the desktop and choose 'Create New' and then 'Link to
location' and choose your desktop. The icons it creates isn't very pretty
but you can change its properties. I downloaded some torrents (with ktorrent
PBI for 7, it works fine) but there is no associated icons.