[PC-BSD Testing] Problem install Fibonacci Beta 1

TooMany Secrets toomany at toomany.net
Sun Aug 31 04:05:51 PDT 2008

Hi!

First of all, excuse me my bad english...

I'm trying to install Fibonacci beta 1 into a Dell Vostro 1400 laptop.
The first issue was when I cannot delete a linux partition to put in
it Fibonnacci. I boot with a FreeBSD livefs, fdisk, delete partitions,
write and up. Then I start Fibonacci and I can use the free space in
the disk.

Then, I left the default partition (a root and a swap), *but* I
decreased the root partition and increase the swap space. The default
filesystem combination was UFS+gjournal.

When installation started, I have this error in the ttyS0 (sorry, I
don't know now if is a ttyS, or tty, or... you know, I think):

/: write failed, filesystem is full

The first part (partitioning disk) is an issue of a feature? I say
this because I can see this behavior since the begining of PCBSD. Why
we cannot delete partitions to make free space (for example) using the
"advanced mode"?
The second part, I don't know if is it a bug, or something like it (is a beta).

I hope to help with this to this wonderful freebsd based operating
system oriented to desktop.

Regards.

--
Have a nice day ;-)