[PC-BSD Testing] Possible additions required for PC-BSD

Kartik Vashishta kvashisht at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 29 10:55:13 PDT 2008

Hi,

I apologize for my poor usage of the English language.

I may, in all my comments be incorrect.

I recommend that the team at pc-bsd montior the experiences of  some novices in installing pc-bsd on used laptops/desktops etc and I recommend that the pc-bsd  team analyze the issues faced by the user community in utilizing pc-bsd. I recommend what in the industry may be referred to as usability and/or acceptance testing for the pc-bsd operating system.

I noticed that installing pc-bsd may perhaps be a lot simpler.

I encountered issues installing Openoffice from CD2 (using PBI method), the PBI launcher did not start as perhaps indicated in the documentation. I doubleclicked the Openoffice icon, however, Openoffice did not start.

I recommend that a default desktop be provided, I could not understand the differences between the various desktops, installation could be a lot simpler if I had a default desktop which I could navigate without issues, if Openoffice and/or StarOffice etc were installed by default etc.

While Kmail(or whatever the mail client name is) is not bad, it could be better if a mail client such as Thunderbird etc were by default installed.

It may not be a bad idea to have the ability to increase font size conveniently available.

For clarifications, regarding contact by me, please only contact my Guru and/or me. For ever inconveniencing you, I apologize to you.

Kartik Vashishta