[PC-BSD Testing] No Keyboard Support On Laptop

Jesse Griffin jag3773+pcbsd at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 08:52:29 PDT 2008

I have an older Systemax laptop which has run PC-BSD 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, FreeBSD
6, and FreeBSD 7.  I just tried to install Beta1 and I get this:

"psm: keyboard controller failed."

A bunch of garbage after that but the installer screen eventually comes up
but I don't have a mouse or keyboard.
Any ideas?

Also, I have a really old Dell Inspiron 5000 and it will boot up to the X
cursor but then it beeps (either once or twice) and then automatically
restarts.

I'm sure the older hardware is part of the problem, however, I would have
thought that my Systemax laptop would run the Beta1 because I've got an
Alpha to work and it runs FreeBSD 7 vanilla without any trouble.

Thanks,
Jesse