[PC-BSD Testing] Beta1

Bill Leeper protagonist at charter.net
Thu Aug 28 09:36:57 PDT 2008

Installed from the CD images. So far everything is normal. I got
connected to my NAS drive and got the link for the test PBIs. Installed
Thunderbird and now have it set up to use. Also, on the first boot it
came up and said I had updates available. This turned out to be K3b so I
said update. The update proceeded normally and when it finished I went
looking for the program and it was not in Multimedia. I finally found it
under Lost & Found along with a host of other programs. Firefox and Wine
Configuration were also in Lost & Found. I ran the menu updating tool
and it seems to have placed everything where it should be. Funny thing
is the Menu Updating tool has now disappeard from the menu. It must have
been under Lost & Found which has also disappeared.

I did manage to get the Menu Updating tool back by going to recently
used and adding it to the favorites.   :-)  Other than that first
impressions are positive. I have to admit I, for one, like the direction
the interface is taking. Anyway, I will get some more testing done later
today. Nice job Kris and team. I like it.

Bill