John Stokes airy at netspace.net.au
Thu Aug 28 01:30:27 PDT 2008

I'd like to add another couple of cents to this one. Having tried the
various alpha releases I can say that apart for a few regressions my
experience has been excellent. There is an amazing amount of work being
done in the background by Kris
et all to fix all the problems as they arise. KDE 4.1 has a lot of rough
edges and still needs a lot of work to stabilise it but it is a
beautiful desktop in comparison to KDE 3.5 (Sort of like what XP is to
Windows 95 ).I believe the KDE team did the right thing in creating a
revolutionary desktop even though they have risked losing a lot of long
term supporters and I think that 3.5.10 is the last of its line.When 4.0
came out they got absolutely hammered at the pre pre alpha quality of
many of the base applications but I think most of the criticisms have
been addressed with 4.1 ,by the time 4.2 comes out early next year I
think Microsoft will be actively employing many of their trademark FUD
and headline tactics as they have very good reasons to be concerned.I
applaud Kris and co for building the PC-BSD 7.0 base with the latest as
I believe if the mix is right there are going to be a lot of eyes on BSD
as a very viable alternative and stable Desktop. Keep up the good work Kris.

John