Bill Leeper protagonist at charter.net
Wed Aug 27 14:12:17 PDT 2008

Thanks for including the links. They provide some interesting reading.
As on who has been working on/with computers far longer than Kris has
been alive I can state from experience that change, where computers
are involved, is good. I have been able to watch the interface evolve
over the years with many good changes and a few going off in the wrong
direction. I have to say that this latest incarnation of PC-BSD has by
far been the most interesting change in computing I have seen since I
switched to a Mac not too long after OS X came along. (MS's downfall
is going to be the fact that they are unable to commit to the huge
changes they need to make to continue to be a viable solution). Ms is
a perfect example of what happens when you don't change.

Anyway, I have found that if you try to understand the underlaying
thought behind these changes you will realize that they really do make
sense.

BTW, did I mention the first computer i worked on used vacuum
tubes?   :-)