[PC-BSD Testing] I agree

Bill Leeper protagonist at charter.net
Tue Aug 26 06:51:39 PDT 2008

I have to say that my initial impressions of KDE4 were not all that
good. But, after using it these past few weeks in the Alphas I must
admit that I have grown to like it and I do not intend to go back to
KDE3.5 now. I would suggest taking the time to learn how it works and
then a lot of the choices they made start to make sense. Sure it has
problems, but so did 3.5 with all its maturity. If you wait for the
perfect desktop before you switch you will have a very long wait.   :-)

On Aug 25, 2008, at 7:05 PM, jmdennis at dslextreme.com wrote:

> I agree as I wish that they would be using KDE 3.5 as well.  When the
> alphas started to come out they were using this.  It was nice
> because if
> they had a problem you knew it was with pc-bsd.  Now you have no
> idea who
> is causing the problem.  I would like to see them include both when
> it is
> released but know this will probably not happen as those that are
> using
> kde 4.1 seem to stick with it.  I do not like it as it is not easy to

Computers can be fun again
                 format C:\
   Alternatives are out there