[PC-BSD Testing] ethernet detection

Karl Fischer kmf at fischer.org.za
Tue Aug 26 04:14:07 PDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 12:52, Iain Bucław <iainbuclaw at gmx.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi there, just about got through week 1 with my first time using FreeBSD
> crash course.
>
> Everything works great, considering. Just one small problem though.
> My Ethernet port doesn't seem to be being detected at bootup on my
> Desktop Machine, and it doesn't mention any existence of it with
> ifconfig or ifconfig up.
> This seems a little odd because detection is fine on my HP Laptop, which
> is one of the newest pieces of equipment I have; and my Desktop uses
> conservatively compatible hardware (at least, for Linux).
>
> Desktop uses an AmiTrends Motherboard with onboard Ethernet.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Regards
> Iain

Hi Iain,

I can suggest you do a 'pciconf -lv' this will list you pci hardware,
It might be listed there.

Can you perhaps give a model number of the motherboard,
so that I can do a google to see what chipset the onboard Ethernet is ?

Karl
Karl Fischer
|_|0|_| "Absence of evidence
|_|_|0| is not evidence of absence"